Published on February 8th, 2013 | by Tom Firehill0
50 Strange and Interesting Facts
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
2. Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie
3. Thirty-five per cent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
4. It’s possible to lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs.
5. The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30times its own weight and always falls over to its right side when intoxicated.
6. A cockroach will live nine days without it’s head, before it starves to death.
7. The first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War 2 killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
8. Coca Cola was originally green.
9. 40% of MacDonald’s profits come from sales of Happy Meals.
10. Every person has a unique tongue print
11. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
12. The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
13. Einstein couldn’t speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.
14. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
15. First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer
16. The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone
17. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
18. Every day more money is printed for monopoly than the US Treasury.
19. A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn’t give her coffee
20. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
21. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
22. No word in the English language thymes with mouth, orange, silver and purple.
23. Using iTunes to build nuclear weapons is against their terms of service.
24. There’s a hole (a diamond mine) in Russia so large, helicopters aren’t allowed to fly over it for fear of being sucked in.
25. A new born kangaroo is small enough to fit in a teaspoon
26. The Norwegian national football team(soccer) is one of the few teams to have never lost against Brazil. Two victories and one draw is our record against the five times World Champions.
27. You are actually able to see your nose all the time. However, your brain just chooses to ignore it.
28. In 2010, there was a major traffic jam in China that lasted for 12 days.
29. J.K Rowling was the 1st person to ever become a billionaire by writing books.
30. There are more bacteria in your mouth than the number of people on the earth.
31. In the 1800s, feeding lobsters to prisoners was considered an “unusual and cruel punishment”, like making people eat rats.
32. The term “scumbag” originally meant condom.
33. Scientists in China have created porn for pandas, in attempts to boost the animals sex drive.
34. Laughter increases the activity of antibodies by about 20% which can help to destroy viruses and tumours cells.
35. Using your roommates or friend’s Netflix account to watch movies is actually a federal crime.
36. Some mouthwash contains twice the amount of alcohol as wine and could give you cancer.
37. Listening to music can alter the way we think, our mood, and even our perception if life
38. Strict parents tend to create sneaky children.
39. There was a military leader in Liberian Civil War nicknamed “General Butt Naked”.
40. According to a new British study, alcohol and tobacco are more harmful than marijuana and ecstasy.
41. There are more dogs than children in the city of Paris.
42. Video games have proved to be more effective at overcoming depression in teens than counselling has been.
43. It is impossible for a blindfolded person to swim, walk or drive in a straight line.
44. Studies have found Fridays to be the least productive day of the work week.
45. The number “5” is pronounced “ha” in Thai. “555” is also used as a slang for “hahaha”.
46. Contrary to popular belief reading in dim light will not damage your eyes
47. Men are able to make better spatial judgements than women because of their high exposure to testosterone before birth.
48. Dieting raises levels of hormones that stimulates appetite, causing your brain to magnify food cravings.
49. Today’s students spend more time on homework than ever in recorded history
50. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.